Saturday, March 19, 2016

Lancer progress

Following a method from Battle Bunnies to paint this knight. So far it looks pretty cool.

First I sprayed the model with platemail primer from Army Painter. Then I put a zenithal coat of a metallic silver spray over the top, side to side.

Once that had some time to dry, I started washing the entire model with a blend of Nuln Oil, Seraphim Sepia, Lahmian Medium and water. I allowed each coat of wash to completely dry before painting the next. Three coats is what you see below.


2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome man. Too late now to suggest this but I'm liking gloss coating before washing my models, seems like the wash settle's more naturally and doesn't dry quite as quick. Krylon for 3.50 something a can. Also using secret weapon wash though which seems more like an ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kevin, ironically the point of this wash is not to settle in crevices but to age the appearance of the metals.

      Delete